Thursday, December 1, 2011

What did you pray for?

I'm not a religious woman, I'm a spiritual woman.  I don't know a lot about Christianity, but I consider myself a Christian. 

And TODAY, for the first time, I felt Christianity was abused.  All religions are abused.  For heaven's sake, why do you think we are at war?

I'm SICK of Tim Tebow and the arguments to follow.  He is a good leader.  Period.  He is use to winning.  And somehow, he has a team, a city and a nation behind him.

HOWEVER,  I was always taught it was wrong to pray for something we wanted.  Isn't that selfish?  Isn't that greed? Does the word "covet" sound familiar?

Last week, Tim Tebow tossed a passed (sorry, we know he can't throw) and we won the game - he knelt down.  What was he saying thank you for?  AND, why was it televised?  What if:

  • he was praying to Allah?
  • sending thanks to Buddha?
I'm sure there are great players out there, thanking God, Allah, Buddha, heck probably even thanking their mom.  What the sudden interest?

A connection between someone and their God is very personal.  I was taught it was wrong to ask for something personal. So, when Tim Tebow said "Thank you".  What do you think he was thankful for??

The completion of a pass?
Winning the game?
Playing to the best of his ability?

Unless it was the last thing, we will never know.  Actually, we will never know any of it.  In fact, what does it matter.  That is Tim's decision to make.   And we are not here to judge.

I do have to say THANK  YOU - for standing up and saying out loud what and whom you believe in.  It's a cruel world out there, and we should all be proud we live in a country where you can stand and tell the rest of the world how you believe.

Just don't want me to jump on the band-wagon to support you.  Yes, you Mr. Tebow.  I will support you.  You play for "several" of my teams.  And if, your beliefs help others, yes, that is great.  In this instance though, I was here to watch some football.












No comments:

Post a Comment