Sunday, September 22, 2013

Living slow in the fast lane

In Houston, you can pay to ride in the HOV (carpool lane).  I think you can now do this in most cities.  The lanes are designed for those with more than once person in the car.  The theory being, there are less people whom have more people in their car.  This lane usually moves faster than the other lanes.

One of my dear friends paid to ride in the "fast" lane the other day.  In fact, she paid twice.  Once in the morning, once on her way home from work.  BOTH times, she was four cars back from someone only going 50 miles per hour.  She paid $9.00 that day to go "Slow in the Fast lane".  Needless to say, she wasn't very happy.  In fact, it was quite the humorous conversation.

This conversation made me laugh the entire next day.  She was "stuck living slowly in the fast lane".

When I think about my life, there are times I feel stuck the exact same way.  Hurry up and wait.  There is SO much to do, only not enough time.  I just can't get there fast enough.

Maybe we are supposed to be slow in the fast lane.  Enjoy the ride, yet, keep moving right along.

1 comment: