Monday, September 2, 2013

Relative

I just spent four days in Dallas, Texas.

It's hot there.  It's humid.  It's windy.  The state is filled with very nice people.  Very friendly.  Good old fashioned hospitality.

My Granny broke her femur in July. This was the first opportunity to go see how she was doing.  It's one thing to hear.  It's another thing to see for yourself.

I was able to see my relatives.  Something I had not been able to do all summer.

Now, I'm back home in Colorado.  Home to highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's.  Home to no humidity. Nice people and dry air.

Three weeks ago, I was very sad to arrive in Denver.  Yesterday, I was very happy.

Next year, I know my cure to my Hawaii hangover.  I'll go to Texas for a weekend, after being home for a couple weeks.  Not that Texas is a bad place.  It's just not my place.  It's all relative.

(And I did start this post when I returned from Texas, the writing just wouldn't happen)

No comments:

Post a Comment