Thursday, January 26, 2012

Patience

Hell, I can't even spell the word.  I had to look it up.  Had to make sure it was spelled correctly.

Not one of my virtues.  Not something I think I could even want in my life.

I want it now.  In fact, I wanted it yesterday.  And for the first time in a VERY long time - well, I want you.....

Just be patient.

You always get whatever you want in life.  You just don't get it when you think you should.  OR when you want it.

One of the things I've learned in life:  you ALWAYS get what you want.  ALWAYS.  And  I know there are people whom are going to argue with me on this one.  BUT, sorry, you are wrong.  

Here is the trick.  It doesn't always show up like you thought it would.  Or hoped it could.  HOWEVER, what you wanted showed up.  And SOMETIMES, when it finally does show up..... You don't want it any more.  (don't forget that!!  Just because you don't want it anymore doesn't mean it didn't show up like you asked)

Remember that girl you had a crush on in 9th grade and couldn't live without??
That guy whom you were going to die without marrying?
The killer job, with everything you always wanted?
The baby you wanted? 
The July off???
The summer romance that was supposed to continue?
The bank account full of money?
The mental capacity not to care about any of this?

Just remember, you either quit wanting it or it shows up in your life.  At some point.  Maybe not looking like you thought it would look.  In fact, the dream might show up and blind-side you.  Or the dream might sweep you off your feet.

You either have to create the dream or go find it.


Remember that girl you had a crush on in 9th grade and couldn't live without??  Had 3 kids and is abused.  And thinks of you all the time
That guy whom you were going to die without marrying?  Smokes 3 packs a day and you have nothing in common
The killer job, with everything you always wanted?  Requires you to travel 90% of the time
The baby you wanted?  Maybe she is still waiting for a home from an orphanage in Mexico.

The July off???  It's still waiting for youOnly it's September
The summer romance that was supposed to continue?   he got married, so did you - and you both realize it was a summer romance and you both grew up.
The bank account full of money?  Check, so maybe it happened.  Will it ever be enough?
The mental capacity not to care about any of this?  It's all just stuff......

Just be patient.  Just be patient.  Just be patient.  Patience opens our eyes.  Just give it time

I'm convincing myself as well as you.  And we both know, it's worth the wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment