Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankfulness

Many people this month posted on Facebook the things they were thankful in their life.   30 days.  30 things.

I actually tried doing this a few years ago.  Only, it wasn't November and it was in notebook.  I wasn't appreciating my life.  I was feeling sorry for myself.  Only, there was nothing to really feel sorry for, only a little self pity.  Like me telling some kid to get over the fact he didn't make a team.  In the big picture, I was having a pity party. In the little picture, I felt sorry for myself.

And that's okay.  Can't we feel sorry for ourselves, just for a moment?  Big picture - OH, what a wonderful life!! Even better - looking back at the things that made moments not happy, and realizing later they made you a better person.  We have to be thankful for those things too.  The bad things, made us better.

I am thankful for:
  • My health
  • My kids, and other peoples kids too
  • My relatives

****I watched a show the other day (a new network show), it's was actually quite funny.  They invited all their friends, family and relatives over for Thanksgiving.  It was chaotic and stressful.  Then all those whom were related by blood left.  They proclaimed "their family" was left.  After that they decided, "Family is for Thanksgiving.  Relatives are for Christmas".  I thought it was pretty funny.  Family/relatives

  • Friends
  • Safety
  • My house
  • A reliable safe automobile
  • Roses growing up my front walk
  • My education
  • Living in a country where I take my freedom's for granted
  • Pink toenail polish
  • Tomatoes on the vine
  • Public safety
  • Airplanes
  • Credit cards
  • Vineyards
  • Things that shine
  • The Internet
  • Belief
  • Electricity
  • My bike
  • Heartaches - they make the sweet even sweeter. 
  • The dishwasher
  • Washer/Dryers - could you imagine??  UGH
  • Convenience
  • The library
  • Pencils.  I don't really like pens.
  • Love
  • Knowing that no matter what, someone has always believed in me.
The last thing I'm thankful for:

Okay, not really, I'm sure my list should go on and on, but really I would put those things in the middle. This would always be the last thing on my list:

  • Not always getting what I want, when I want it.  I always get what I want.  The universe just makes sure I appreciate it.....

And for this, I'm thankful.  I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment