Sunday, January 19, 2014

Where have you been?

If you are a regular reader, I've been here.  While, I've been HERE, I haven't been "out there in the real world".

I haven't been going out.  I haven't been seeing my friends.  I've been in the "library".  Although, for me, the Library isn't a healthy place to be.  I do better out there in the world.  Yes, maybe I needed to recharge, but I still need to be amongst the living.  Not squirreled away at hockey games and on my couch.

Two weeks ago - the boys had hockey to attend on a Wednesday or Thursday night.  I decided I was going to take off my yoga pants - actually put on slacks - well, at least leggings and go out while they were at practice.

I can do this.  I have no problem going out by myself.  I'm not there to "pick up" anyone.  I just want to talk. I'm a friendly person.

I walk in to my favorite old restaurant - the manager comes over and gives me a hug.  She had been a waitress at this same restaurant several years ago.  

She remembered my name and commented on "I haven't seen you in forever". The truth is I recognized her immediately, but couldn't remember her name.

I walk to the bar and grab a seat next to two guys I knew from the club where I work out.

I left 2 hours later - I didn't pay for a thing.  Someone else picked up my check.  

The next week, I went back to meet some other friends.  We got preferential treatment.  A great table and a very fun time.

I'm not sure where I have been, but I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment