Saturday, August 10, 2013

Avocado

My dearest Avocado,

I truly love you.  Love you in salads.  Love guacamole.  Love you straight on a plate with a little salt and perhaps a little olive oil.

But we must break up for a bit.

You see, now my clothes don't fit.  I enjoyed you almost every day all summer long.  Up until the end.  Then I had to ignore you.  In fact, I even threw a couple of you away.  I just couldn't take it any more. 

Now upon arriving home, there was some on my plate at dinner the other night.  You tasted bad.  Rubbery.  Maybe you were just too green.  Maybe you were one of those avocados from a Mexico greenhouse.  You had no flavor.

For now, we are going on a break.  Not to worry, I'm sure by next summer I will be in love with you again.   I do tend to fall in love in the summer.  Maybe my clothes will start to fit.

Please go feed the world. 

I will still forever be loyal to you.  I will miss you.  I love our memories.  I would just like to fit into my clothes.

Love you avocado.

See ya next summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment