Thursday, August 1, 2013

DNL

When I started this blog, I wasn't sure how to start.  I wasn't much of a writer, I'm not sure I even enjoyed writing.

What I wanted was a record of my adventure with my sons on our first house swap to Hawaii.  Only I didn't know it was going to be a "first".  Well, I knew it was my first, but not the "first" of something. 

What do I name the blog:  DNL Summer Adventures.  DNL - the first letter of our first names. Only, when I created the blog, I typed in dnlSUMERadventures.blogspot.com .  Me, of all people, misspelled summer.  I only put in one M.  It only took me over a year to realize there were not two M's in my summer.  And quite honestly, I'm not sure how I figured it out.

Then as I kept writing, I removed the word "Summer" from the title, but had to leave it in the web address.  The blog became titled DNL Adventures.  The adventures of a divorced mother and her sons.

Truly, these are my adventures, with my perspective.  Although, the D & N do contribute on a non-regular basis.

But, I was writing a note to a friend today and went to refer to the kids as DNL (Duncan, Nolan and Lily).  I then realized I knew something before I knew I knew it.

It may have been me whom started them on this crazy journey, and yes, this is my blog.  But, the real story will one day be the adventures of those three.  If it's not already.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment