This topic, I will disclose, was not my idea, but I do think it's a great idea. We have all been in situations where we start talking to someone new or someone we work with whom we don't know well or someone else's friend THEN we have to make a conversation.
Standard conversation topics:
- The weather?
- Local current events?
- What do you do?
- How long have you lived here?
- Blah, Blah, Blah
We now have new conversation starters and some new answers to the above questions:
- I'm a Zamboni driver - what do you do for a living?
- Did you hear that Mike & Ike broke up?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- I'm training for .............. (just fill in the blank) - it doesn't matter, if you are training or not, it will start a conversation. Which brings us to all the things we could actually train for in life:
- to be the worlds slowest quilter
- to qualify to be on "The Biggest Loser"
- for an Ironman Triathlon
- to be a speed reader
- my mouth not to talk so much
- to be a Hula Hoop expert
- to enter the Olympic Curling event.
Someone will converse with you.