Saturday, September 8, 2012

Craigslist, I LOVE YOU


Really, I do. And this is from a woman with commitment issues.

You, I love.

I sold a fish tank once. Left it on my front porch - and when I arrived home. The fish tank was gone and the money was in the mailbox. And I can't even count the number of items, I've sold.

I've rented out my basement to some incredible people. Four summers.  Two of the four, I still hear from.  I still contact them. 

I needed a running buddy. Found the most incredible friends - that's a story in itself.

One time - I was trying to get rid of an old couch and chair.  I tried to sell it, but no no one wanted them.  They were red.  I go to the "Wanted" section - there was an ad "WANTED RED COUCH".  Seriously.  Single mom.  She and her Dad came and picked them up!

Once, even a LONG time ago, I went on a missed connection date - it wasn't my missed connection. :-)

I've NEVER tried the dating on Craigslist.  Maybe next summer?

I've had my haircut and colored by a woman whom had an ad.

I can't tell you the number of focus groups I've participated in. Let me put it this way - enough to pay for a trip to pay for my trip to run a marathon in Greece.

Resumes - I've hired people, I've had some part-time jobs from here too.

I've confessed to true love. And finally had the guts to send him the e-mail after it made "Best-of". And the best thing is, he still sends me quotes from my own 'tirade'!  (One day, I'll be brave enough to post it, with my name attached.)

AND LAST SUMMER.......

I traded my house for a house in Hawaii......  FOR A MONTH!!!  As it turns out, the couple wanted to come to Denver - their daughter was getting married.  She lives seven blocks from me. All because of you.  Because I was trying to find a summer renter....

My dear friends,

It's not all fake, it's not all a scam - really, it's just like real life. Take a risk, be cautious, take a chance and maybe, just maybe, it will be ok.........


If anyone out there knows a movie director - I've got a film for you - forget "Craigslist Killers" - Maybe "Happy Moments from Craigslist" - someone can think of a better title.  We can make it a documentary.....



There ARE good things that happen in this world. The movie "The Holiday" - it does happen in real life.  Cute boys included.

For me, Craigslist, I love you. Mahalo for changing my life. 

(and I really love the fact you don't care, I don't know how to spell) :-)

www.craigslist.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment