Monday, March 25, 2013

How are you?

Good.  You?

Good.  Thanks for asking.

When really what you want to say:

How are you?

"Not good.

Barely holding it all together.  My grandfather died two months ago.  My best friends mom has not been given long to live.  I was told good-bye from a wonderful person.  While it was sweet.  Heartfelt.  Wonderful.  It sucks. It was one of the best moments of my life.  Yet, so sad.  We are lucky when we have the opportunity to say all the things we need to say to the person we need to say them too.

People drive me crazy!  They don't do what they say they will.  They don't really want to hurt any one's feelings.  They say things to make everyone feel better.

There is no food in my house.  Money is tight.  I don't have time to go to the store.  Can someone just do that for me?

I'm in love with a guy whom will never be strong enough to follow me, but I have his heart.  Just not him in my life - and it stinks.

And everyday, I feel like I'm barely holding it together.  But truly, I know I'm the luckiest person in the world.  It will be better tomorrow/"

"Thanks for asking."

But today, I will tell you, "I'm fine."  Because, really, I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment