Monday, May 27, 2013

Nowhere

Is that one word or two?  No and where?  Yes.  It's two words, but then it is one word.  The English language is very confusing.  Or maybe it's just me.

Where are you going?  Nowhere.  What are you doing?  Nothing.  Whom are we meeting?  No one in particular.

One word or two?

"No" is a universal word.  Every language understands the word  "NO".  I guess we do all have something (or should that be "some thing") in common.  "Where" is a location.  "Wear" is what you have on.  Where is not only a location, but a place.  "Where are you?" 

Not there. Not here.  A place other than here?  I'm there.  (Don't even get me started on THERE"S or is it THEIRS?)

This weekend Duncan and I went to the mountains with some friends.  I had no cell service, no internet and no communication with the outside word for 4 days, 3 nights. 

First, let me tell you what I missed.  Nothing.  That I know of. 

Second,  I was cold.  High of 70's during the day.  The dogs water on the land would freeze at night.  There were Elks and Coyotes telling us hello.  Beautiful country.  Beautiful space.  Just a break in the middle of the mountains.  In middle of this great beautiful state.

I'm tired of being cold.  There was wind.  It's almost June.  Please, please, can I just complain about the heat for ONE day?  (I know, I know - be careful (or is that becareful) what you wish for....)

I was walking the land with my music on - Sunday afternoon.  My phone/ipod beeped at me.  Seriously, I'm in the middle of nowhere in the middle of a peaceful moment and my phone beeps.  Peter Pan's text stated "I'm sorry I didn't get to see you."  He didn't get to see me.  I'm in a place where no one can get to me, but he did.  No one in the middle of nowhere, got to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment