I HATE when people can't talk about anything but the past (yes, my mother does this all the time and it drives me crazy - she knows it drives me crazy) - Mothers are here to drive you crazy. Just ask my kids. Yes, some moments are good to reminisce, but the present is also a wonderful place to live.
What I really need to remember is things where I made a mistake, or I learned something - so the next time I go to do it, I can do it better or not repeat the same mistakes.
This winter running is much harder than spring/summer running.
Things I need to remember if I do this again: (and we know I will)
- It's cooler when you run, and the GOOD thing - you can go run anytime - I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go run. It will be cool out in the middle of the afternoon.
- Running while it is cool feels great - but when you stop, you are COLD. It's because you are wet.
- Feel too cold to get in the shower, then you warm up - and you realize how bad you smell. Just get in the shower.
- Arms still chafe even if you have a long sleeve shirt on over the tank.
- You still need water - maybe not as much, but you are still getting dehydrated
- Not all places that are open in the summer to use the restroom/get a drink of water are open in the winter. (Winter Hours at Wash Park Rec Center). Ran 7 miles - could have run 10 if the rec center had been open.
- Buy some crappy long sleeve t-shirts. More clothes. More to smell. More to wash. Things wear out faster
- You need gloves and ear warmers. Be okay with throwing things away. Or make sure you leave a note that you will be back
- Don't do this again. What the hell were you thinking?
- Oh, yeah, you lost 10 pounds and you got to go to Paris and London - and you get to take your kids.
It was just a little bit of a pain. Right?