Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Remembering

When the boys were little, people said all the time "you need to write this stuff down".  You know the funny stuff, the little things, the things you won't remember.  Of course, I didn't do it.

I HATE when people can't talk about anything but the past (yes, my mother does this all the time and it drives me crazy - she knows it drives me crazy) - Mothers are here to drive you crazy.  Just ask my kids. Yes, some moments are good to reminisce, but the present is also a wonderful place to live.

What I really need to remember is things where I made a mistake, or I learned something - so the next time I go to do it, I can do it better or not repeat the same mistakes.

This winter running is much harder than spring/summer running.

Things I need to remember if I do this again:  (and we know I will)

  • It's cooler when you run, and the GOOD thing - you can go run anytime - I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go run.  It will be cool out in the middle of the afternoon.
  • Running while it is cool feels great - but when you stop, you are COLD.  It's because you are wet.
  • Feel too cold to get in the shower, then you warm up - and you realize how bad you smell.  Just get in the shower.
  • Arms still chafe even if you have a long sleeve shirt on over the tank.
  • You still need water - maybe not as much, but you are still getting dehydrated
  • Not all places that are open in the summer to use the restroom/get a drink of water are open in the winter.  (Winter Hours at Wash Park Rec Center).  Ran 7 miles - could have run 10 if the rec center had been open.
  • Buy some crappy long sleeve t-shirts.  More clothes.  More to smell.  More to wash.  Things wear out faster
  • You need gloves and ear warmers.  Be okay with throwing things away.  Or make sure you leave a note that you will be back
  • Don't do this again.  What the hell were you thinking?
  • Oh, yeah, you lost 10 pounds and you got to go to Paris and London - and you get to take your kids.  
It was just a little bit of a pain.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment