Friday, February 28, 2014

Shhh......

It's a secret.

I LOVE surprises.  I love the good type of secrets.  The type where there is planning.  There is wanting. There is knowing you are going to make someone happy.

Truly, I'm a horrible secret keeper.  I mean, not really.  It's just hard to keep a secret. I can keep a secret until the end of time.  Heck, I even had Harry Connick, Jr's credit card number for a few years. (I owned a gift company, his sister-in-law lived/lives in Boulder)  See, I've kept that a secret for years.

When I was pregnant with Nolan.  I didn't know if I was pregnant with a boy or girl.  It actually drove everyone else more crazy than me.   I remember answering the question:  "What are you going to have?" = with the reply "kittens".   "I get to know for the rest of my life".  I don't want to find out early.  I like surprises.  I'll find out soon.

At the moment, just before he came out of my body - I remember, the doctor looked around the room.  She says, "Now is your turn to guess."  People in the office had guessed.  People in the room guessed.  She looks at his dad - he replies "no clue".  I looked at her square in the eyes.

"It's a boy".  Not a doubt in my mind.

He thinks that is why he likes surprises.  He was a surprise.

Now, he has a surprise coming soon......Shhhh..... (he loves surprises)



No comments:

Post a Comment