Thursday, June 21, 2012

I can't make this stuff up

Any of it.

I don't watch television.  Well, sometimes.  I don't watch reality TV.  There is no way their life is better than mine.  AND most importantly, I really don't need the drama that I think these shows provide.

Life is good.  Life is bad.  It has it's ups and downs.  That's the way it is.  Comes and goes.

There is a country song out by a young guy titled "Storm Warning".  I sorta feel that is what people should be given before I come into their life.  I also feel, well, I should be giving a warning about what is going to happen in mine.  Don't you feel that way? Some type of warning.....

Last time I was in Hawaii I was looking for a "sign".  A sign on what I was supposed to do with my life, NEXT.  You know, that sign, that points you down the hall and says "enter here".  My, oh, my, don't we wish life was really that simple.

THIS time, I'm not sure whom needed the warning - me or the island.  SHE's BAAAAAACCCCK.  I heard the island whisper.....

Today is Wednesday, I've been here approximately 36 hours.  I've met my boyfriends old girlfriend, whom is living in his guest house.  I've been on a board.  I've snorkeled.  I've run.  Someone offered to buy Nolan and I a drink, because he said we looked happy - and wanted to share the joy.  We watched a sunset. I've worked. We've spent 3 hours in the emergency room getting 9 stitches in my right foot from falling off the board.  And I can't breathe!!!

AND TONIGHT:  the biggest sign yet:  We are at Huggo's - watching the sunset.  Our waitress Amanda made the comment about today being the summer solstice.  I said isn't that tomorrow?  (My birthday is June 12 - so I always remember it by being June 21)..  Instead of telling me "no, it's today".  She's replies:  "Well, it is Leap Year".........

Not sure what kind of sign/warning that is/was, but I heard it.




No comments:

Post a Comment