Monday, March 17, 2014

To tell you the truth

Watching television drives me crazy.  I do like to sit and be a vegetable for bit, on occasion.  Yes, I do get caught up in watching a series.  Sometimes.  But overall, I could do without my TV.

Last summer, and in fact for the last three summers, I didn't turn on the TV at all.  Not even a movie.

We still have cable, but I keep saying we are just going to switch over to internet TV.  The only problem with that is sports.  Or the lack of being able to watch sports live.  Truthfully, around here, it's a big deal, but not a HUGE deal.

To tell you the truth, I wish someone would just come over and fix it for me.  Bring the box I need/don't need.  Take away the cable box and make it all work.  I'm sure there is someone I could call for this, but right now it's just easier to keep the cable.


I don't like running.  It is truly dreadful I've decided.  Yes, the amount of calories you burn versus the time is incredible.  The best thing you can do to burn the most calories in the least amount of time.  It's hard.  For me, it's not only the physical part of running that's hard.  I have to get where my brain is in charge of my body.  Where I'm in a zone so far a way in my head that my body is just doing.  The brain has shut off that receptor that allows any thought to come from the body.  Mind over matter.

Yes, I like how I feel after I run.  I love the way my arms look - nice and toned.  Still working on the toning of the legs. I like accomplishments.  I will have liked running a marathon.  Once it's over.


I'm super excited about heading to Europe next Friday.  I can't wait for stories - lifetime memories - from this trip.  But to tell the truth, I'm not a good tourist.

I like becoming a local.  I like being a "part" of the locals.  And that is why I must run.   To be a part of something local - not just a tourist.  The day before the marathon there is a 5k.  It is not timed.  And from what I can tell (after all, I'm reading a french website), when you register, they give everyone a t-shirt with the country they are from on front of it.  The kids are running that race.

I'd like to say, that will be one of my most favorite moments.  But, there is no way to plan your favorite moments.  They usually happen when you least expect it.

So with this trip - I'm entering it with no expectations. Only general plans.  Some fun ideas.  Because, to tell you the truth, 4 years ago I went on a trip.  Not expecting anything but a fun summer.  I never had any thought I would still miss it so much.

>



No comments:

Post a Comment