Thursday, June 6, 2013

Shoes

Shoes are fun.  There are the expensive shoes.  The Jimmy Choo's, Manolo Blahnik's of the world. Then the cheap shoes.  Payless.  Target shoes.  Everything in between.

Me personally, I like fun shoes.  Cute shoes.  Comfortable shoes.  Shoes that match my outfits.  Not my purse.  THAT is just too much for me.  Always has been.  I'm not that girl.  For years, I've always been a "seasonal" shoe kind of girl.  I've worn boots in the winter, sandals in the summer.  You don't wear white shoes before Memorial Day.  Every Labor Day, I TRY, to just throw those shoes away.  Get rid of the temptation to wear them later or even worse, earlier than Memorial Day.

Confessional:  I've been pretty strict on the whole white thing, but well, the other shoes - they tend to cross seasons.  As for example, I've been know to show up, with snow on the ground, in flip flops - during the day.  At night, those dreaded heels, with open toes - I wear those too.  Boots are for the day.  Or for other people at night.

I was in New York City yesterday and today.  My feet are swollen from all the walking.  My toes are perfectly pedicured - only every toe is a different color.  I had to buy a pair of flip flops at the bottom of the Empire State Building.   They were $9.  I thought that was a great deal.  They are actually comfortable.

As I walked around the city this morning.  Me in my sundress and flip flops.  Curly hair - slept on wet, no make up on.  Avatar sunglasses on.  I felt like a movie star.  The girl whom landed amongst all these "real" people".  Watching the people chase their dreams.

Could have I been that girl?  You know, the one whom walked past me in the designer suit.  With the $700 pair of shoes?  No.  Yes, I could have tried to be her.  I would failed miserably.  I was never that girl.  Thankfully, I never tried.  I can see why we would want to try.  Isn't that "the dream"  "I'm going to make it in New York City"  "If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere"

Not only would I have failed miserably.  The world would be short two incredible people.  My life would be short many incredible people.  Yes, I know, I would have met other incredible people.  No, I wouldn't have.  That wasn't me.  This is.



As I the career woman/hockey mom woke up this morning in New York City at 6 am, ready to take on the world.  The gypsy girl quietly whispered in her ear "Shhhhhh, soon enough.  It's only 4 am in Denver.  Go back to sleep.  You have plenty of time.  And your flip flops are by the door"





No comments:

Post a Comment