Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wrong Numbers

This isn't my story.  I have to share though, because it's good story.

My mom calls on Monday and says "you have to hear this story.  It's a YOU story".  A friend of hers for YEARS, at least 30 - her daughter is one of "mine" so, well, we've all known each other for a very long time. 

The friend receives a text saying "You can have the Professional League Baseball tickets and the parking pass if you want them".  It was from a number she didn't recognize.  She texts back with the reply "You haven't reached the person you thought you were trying to reach, I just wanted to let you know. "  She sends the text.  The random phone number replies:  "thanks for letting me know". 

She then replies, "well, if he doesn't want them, well, I will take them."  Smile now.

See, now isn't that 90% of life???  Taking ONE more step.  What is the worst thing that could have happened?  Random ticket person wouldn't have responded.

Yes, they met at a Starbucks and Random Ticket person gave her the tickets.  My mom called from the game to tell me the story.  They were sitting on the 25th row behind the dugout. 

Take chances in life.  There is no such thing as a wrong number.



No comments:

Post a Comment