Tuesday, June 4, 2013

An IRONMAN would be easier than this

I thought I was exhausted last summer.  Every December, I think I'm exhausted again.  But, this time I know, truly, I'M EXHAUSTED.

My house is dirty.  So is my laundry.  Thank goodness, my kids can bathe themselves - or we all know, they would be dirty too. Scratch that, they are dirty.  No, not really.  They are not smelly, but their rooms are a mess.

My mom and my sister have been in town.  Nolan's continuation was on Monday.  Friday night was the "end of the year party" down the street.  Seven boys spent the night.  I went to bed early.  I woke up at 1:30 and asked if they wanted pizza.  I turned the oven on and poured myself a bottle of wine..... ;-)  Oh, I'm sorry, that was a glass of wine.  At 4am, it was bedtime.  I slept til 8.  They slept til 10.

I"M TIRED.  I'm also not complaining.  Well, yes, I am, but I'm thankful I can complain.  I do love the chaos.  The craziness.  This last year has helped put it all in perspective.

For continuation, this group of kids, actually planned ahead - TP'd the school - and slept on the field in their tents.  Quite honestly, it was a proud, sad, happy moment.  Wow.  What a great group of kids.  What a great group of dads whom volunteered to chaperone.

School is over.  I have to go to New York tomorrow for A DAY.  Seriously?  A four hour flight for a two hour meeting??? Who is this girl?

My mom is here.  My sister is with my cousin. I have an intern in the office.  Boys to dads.  Leaving in the morning for New York.  I'm TIRED.  OF ALL THIS.

Oh Gypsy Girl where are you?????  I didn't miss all this.  Or maybe, I did. For a moment.

It's all going to be worth it.  Right?  If you are unsure of what an IRONMAN is - look it up.  Because, that would make my life look like a walk in the park.  And, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment