Thursday, June 27, 2013

Trying new things

She's been a trooper.  We've kept busy, but a bit of rest too.

Yesterday, I went to paddle on the outriggers early in the morning.  She stayed home.  Upon my return, I worked, she painted, she slept and we left the house about 3pm.  A nice relaxing day.

Every day, I've "pushed" her a bit.  "Try" something new.  I receive the response I always receive:  "I don't like that".  Then, well, she does it anyway.  She tries.  I'm so proud of her.  She may complain a bit, fight it a bit, but she has always tried whatever I asked of her.

Poke - raw tuna

Poi - tarrow leaves (not sure whom really likes this)

Getting in the water

Avocado straight from the tree - nothing added but a bit of salt.

Sitting at a table where the floor is actually sand.

And, on and on.

She tried.  She let me know she didn't like things, but that's okay - what a great big boring world it would be if we all liked the same stuff.

But I know she has memories of things she would have never done before.  We all need someone just to "push" us in life.  At times.

Tonight, we went and picked up a pound of coffee from a neighbor for her to take home.  It was roasted tonight.  It doesn't get much fresher than that!

Oh, and the "her and she" I speak of?  Well, isn't that really just me?


1 comment:

  1. Everyone, even if only through your blog, needs a "big dose of Leasa" for the encouragement, the will, the prospect of trying new things! Thank you lady!

    ReplyDelete