Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gypsy Soul

I'm going to generalize here.  Most of us have "two lives".  If not more.  The one we live - daily.  In and out.  Then there is the life we want to lead.  If we are lucky, we let the one we "want to lead" out of the closet - so to speak - every once in a while.

Or maybe not.

Maybe your life is the one you wanted.  You never wondered.  You never wandered.  You lived your life.  This is what you are supposed to want.

Maybe it's that I'm a Gemini.  The twins.  There are two of us.

Career Woman/Hockey Mom:  No, that's only one personality.  She's got it figured out.  She's at the top of her game.  She's knows what to do and how to do it.  She's a volunteer.  She's the best you can be.  Mom, worker.  You want something done; done right?  She's the gal.  Period.  I'm in charge of career day next week at my kids school.  The mayor of Denver is speaking.  Some other really cool people too.  This is how you do it.  I was the number one recruiter for years when I worked for someone else.  I work for myself now.  She has it all.  She has it all together and she makes it look easy.

My favorite saying "My boss is a real bitch, but she's good to me" :-)

This woman is in charge.

HOWEVER:

The girl (notice I've gone from WOMAN to girl???) that comes screaming out when she's been grounded for too long:  Gypsy Girl

GYPSY GIRL:

She's the one we all love.  The girl whom actually makes things happen.  The dreamer.  "Yes" is her middle name.  Want to go to Kona for the summer?  Want to go ________"  YES.  The daydream believer.  For her, there is no choice.  It's try or die.  Either or.

In life, we put Personality #1 in charge.  Thank goodness.  She pays the bills.

Here are her pitfalls though:  she's scared to try.  She goes the way everyone else has gone.  Work 40+ hours per week.  Work hard and wait - you will get rewarded at the end.  That's what we are told.  That's how it works.  The harder you work, the better person you are.  The more "important" other people think you are, well, that's makes her a better person.

#2 - She's the daydream believer.  She's okay with being #2.  You just have to let her out every once in a while.

Really though, she should be #1.  In her world, it all works out.  And we know it does.  She balances work, kids, freedom and life.  She should be in charge.

Life would be SO much better.  All that STUFF - it wouldn't matter.  Not sure if the bills would get paid though. She's lovely.  She's fun.  Just not sure if without the other one quite how responsible she would be.  Maybe she's got it in her.

Last night I told this story.  I told this man - I told him the problem with all of it.  Truly, the Gypsy Soul met her Soul.  He got it.

And the worst part.  He admitted it. He's got the gypsy soul too.  His gypsy soul met his gypsy soul.

What's the quote?  "You are face to face with the enemy.  And it's you". 

I get it.  EVERYTHING. I understand EVERYTHING you are doing.

You hurt me. I explained my Gypsy Soul met her Gypsy Soul.  He says "So, we're soul mates".

I think the bills will still get paid.  Maybe the wrong one has been in charge.......










No comments:

Post a Comment