Saturday, March 3, 2012

Just listen

The universe is talking.  As I stated earlier in the blog -I need a sign - we don't always listen. 

Today- and yesterday, and the day before and I'm going to even bet, tomorrow:  The universe is speaking to me.  And I'm listening.

I'm on the side of the road.  Literally.  At a "seafood market" and barbeque stand.  If you have never had "poke" or Pulled Pork from Kona - you are missing out.  The first, is raw tuna.  Not for everyone.  Last summer, my sons and I acquired a taste for it.  While on the Hilo side of the island, a native Hawaiian relative said "I've never seen boys from Denver like poke like you guys like poke".  The boys just smiled. 

I'm in the middle of nowhere.  Literally.  On the side of the road.  I buy my fresh tuna ($14.99 per pound - it was alive this morning).  My poke.  I'm waiting on my pulled pork. YUMMMMM!!!!!

I've spent all day at "Two Step".  Snorkeling and reading my book.  Drinking a couple of beers.  Life is good. 

I pick up a hitchhiker (Yes, sush now - I know, I know - I learned this from my mom).  All the kids hitchhike on the island.  It's actually quite fun. I've never picked up one before.    He was an exchange student here to learn to farm for 6 months.  He gave me a shell as a thank you.  (Audience - no lecturing, I'm sure I've met guys in bars far worse for me than the hitchhiker on the side of the road).  Plus, I was sober...

Sorry for the tangent.

Back to waiting for for my food.  This woman has a Kona Marathon shirt on.  Once again, the voice inside my head says "ask her".  I'm listening.

"So, have you run the Kona marathon".  "Actually, I'm the race director".  me - "I have this company I'm thinking about starting - I own the website "My Athletic Adventures" I want to bring people to races. I live in Denver. Eventually, when I grown up, I want to be you."  I want to RUN the race.  Not run a race, but RUN it."

Seriously?

I'm in a swim suit, with a wrap on.  I'm on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.  


"I e-mailed you last fall.  It's a long story, but I didn't know if I was coming back".  Ah.  And her husband says, "Now you are coming back?".  Yes, Yes I am.  "Here, let me give you some GU, some cards, and a free registration.  Oh, and here's another race for the families that weekend.  Oh, and your name is Leasa, right?" 

I'm on the side of the road.  In a bathing suit.  In Kona.  And this woman knows whom I am??? 

Okay, I'm listening........

Anyone want to run a race in Kona?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment