Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What makes me me

I read a quote yesterday and it really made me think:

"Seduce my mind, and you can have my body,
Find my soul and I'm yours forever."
Maybe it was reading this quote yesterday that made me realize something today.

I was on the water this morning with the Canoe Club.  I ended up with in a OC3  (6 seats and something that keeps us balanced - yes there is a name for it, don't remember what it is called).  I normally paddle with a group of 12 (two 6 seaters connected).  At first I felt a bit like the fat kid whom gets chosen last for kickball - I'm not very experienced and it takes a little more skill.

The people are nice, so I wasn't really worried, it was just a new thing.  As we get out the bay, there is a school of dolphins asleep.  They are just floating up and down.  It was beautiful.

Then on the way in, they were awake.  They were playing.  There was a baby.  There was a show-off.  He was jumping and spinning.  Then there was one on his back, flapping his tail at us.  They were making dolphin noises.   "Good morning to you too", I replied.  We stopped paddling.  We watched.

Denver, you will always have my heart, but Kona you have my soul.....


No comments:

Post a Comment