Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Life of a teenager

No wonder teenagers are surly (sometimes) - just think, us adults want them to DO things.

Now here by myself in Hawaii on Day 11ish, I've quit counting. I had to ask someone three times yesterday what day of the week it was. It was quite embarrassing. My grocery list has consisted of Monster Energy Drinks (I don't drink coffee), Club Soda, Eggs, Bread, and salad greens. Oh, and I bought a cucumber today. I did buy fresh tuna the other day. And wine, of course. I've had LOTS of fish tacos in town. I make breakfast and eat the mango's and other fruit on my walk in the morning.

Yesterday, I did two loads of laundry.

That's it - those have been all of my responsibilities. To my credit, I have been working every morning for at least four hours. All my other responsibilities I normally take care of - not so much. And you know what? DUDE, IT'S AWESOME!!!..... No wonder kids are so happy. They get to play.

Should be interesting when my tween/teenagers arrive. Wonder what they will think of my lack of responsibility.

I have a feeling I'll do a bit more when the boys get here. Or maybe, they will get to be the responsible ones this summer? Yea, not really counting on that.....

To all the moms and dads out there, "Mahalo" for all you do/did. Not everyone gets breaks. Everyone should.

"Mahalo" means "thanks" in Hawaiian.

No comments:

Post a Comment