Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Relaxing Day

I really don't know how to relax.

The black eye is looking better - really should be called a purple eye. The swelling has gone down and the scrape is healing.

Work - I work from home. Or really, any home, or any coffee shop or anywhere there is Internet connection. AND, more specifically, only as little as I have to work. Hawaii time makes it both great and challenging all at the same time.

For some reason, most of my clients are either on the East Coast or Central Time Zone. In other words, a 6 hour time difference. Good news, work is over here by 11am - still plenty of time to play. Bad news, well, work begins around 4 am.

Today I went to one of the resorts on the North side of the island. The plan is to go there for a "Luau" one of our last nights here.

WOW! It's Disneyland at the sea - there is even a monorail. Dolphins - and you can pay an outrageous amount of money to actually swim with the dolphins. If you sit at the restaurant, you can just watch them play. Beautiful. And the resort was beautiful. Manicured, air conditioned, boring. Yes, you read that right. There is a lagoon to "paddle board, snorkel, etc" I'm glad I checked it out. I'm glad the boys will get to see it - it's EXACTLY like you would expect a resort in Hawaii to look like.

I like my little town - my pineapples in the backyard, the chickens running around and the manicured lawn. For being a people person, too much of people is not something I like. Being a local - not a tourist.

Yet, I'm not really relaxing, just doing things on my own.

The Manta Ray's - there are not words to describe this experience. You can go out on a boat, snorkel and swim at night with the Manta Ray's. OR you can go to the Sheraton and watch them swim and play in the light. Believe it or not, I watched them from the deck of the Sheraton. After all, I have to save something to do with the boys.....

No comments:

Post a Comment