Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A present this morning

There are two cats here too - in addition to all the other critters - the cats are actually NOT feral, but nice, outdoor cats. Squash and Jack (short for Jack O'Lantern) - they were born in the fall.

They presented me with a very nice present this morning. A nice big dead rat. Waiting at the front door. When I opened the door this morning to get the paper, well, there it was. YUCK. Immediately shut the front door, went out the back, around the house, up the other street and played "Damsel in Distress".

I am SO glad, my house swap family introduced me to my neighbor. I took Dakota (the dog) for a walk. Joe moved a dead rat from my front porch. Joe leaves on Monday for a week and the boys won't be here for a week. Please hope there are no more presents for a week. Please. Yuck!

On the walk - I shook a mango out of a tree and ate it on the walk. The green one that fell, Dakota carried it. Two limes, and there is another fruit tree (I don't know the name), but the fruit is great and had a few of those. I guess it was a walking breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment